Sunday, October 11, 2009

lou the cat solved fermat's lat theorem & is going to mars (for rizzle)

     I was rummaging through a box helping lou find his pink mouse that squeeks today, when I found a 100 page mathematical preprint that I hadn't seen before. It was titled 'modular elliptic curves and Fermat's last theorem', by lou the cat. i sat down and flipped through it.
     "hey lou, did you solve fermat's last theorem? that's a millennium prize problem bro." lou walked up to me and turned around in a circle.
     "yo top-cat, this is pretty intense. iwasawa theory? I knew you're up on number theory, but when did you get into modular forms and algebraic geometry?"
     "wait... hey #1 cat in the hood, I thought andrew wiles solved that in '95"
     "meow."
     "oh that was you? you're andrew wiles? dude..."
     "meow."


     "what? you squared the circle with a compass-straightedge construction too? that's like a 3000 year old problem that pythagorus made up. I thought that there was a proof that it was impossible to do."
     he showed it to me.
     "you're blowing my mind fluffer-nutter."
     lou rolled over, (more fell over with a thud, 'cause he's kind of top-heavy,) and I scratched his chin-chin-chin-chopper. 


     "so you have tenure at princeton? you know lou, much like d-mij...

I've never seen you do anything but sleep and lick yourself and eat stinky expensive wholistic cat-food. plus you don't even have opposable thumbs. you're full of surprises space-cat."






     Space-cat? space-cat indeed, dear readers! 

     lou the cat is going to mars in 2011 on the mars science laboratory rover! on a god-blesed microchip!!!1!!

     what an age we live in... (talk amongst yourselves, i'm verklempt.)    


;.}
     
     gil scott-heron once waxed with conviction on a slam bongo beat:

Taxes takin' my whole damn check, 
Junkies makin' me a nervous wreck, 
The price of food is goin' up, 
An' as if all that shit wuzn't enough: 
(Whitey's on the moon!)


     Gil! and my dear readers!
i had a dream,
that my pooor little kitty,
would one day live in a nation!,
where he would not be judged by the color of his fluff,
but on which planets or other astronomical objects he had his name on.

i had a dream that day.


     I know that you all have had this dream, and finally we can gather together, hand in hand with all our oppressed brothers, sisters, and feline brothers, and rejoice! for whitey, blacky, browny, jewy, and fluff-fat-fluffy, are going past the moon... to mars baby!

     Here is the link to add you name and get a swell certificate for yourselves:

http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/participate/sendyourname/

     There is a message board on the 'lou the cat blog' facebook group (join it), to tell us lou the cat fanatics, which of you are going with him to the final-gosh-darn-frontier:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=182072395268&ref=mf

     Thats all for today. as buzz lightyear (voiced by lou the cat by satellite from the fields medal award cerimony) once said: "to infinity and beyond. with cats."

No comments:

Post a Comment