Thursday, October 15, 2009

lou's music & brad garoon is going to beat me up

     It's been a while since my last post, I have been doing mad math (math!), and lou was in stockholm by invitation of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, to participate in the 109th annual: pre-nobel prize award-ceremony kegger.
     He was hanging out with master-chief, barack "peacenik" obama. after lou did his famous jimmy-flip keg-stand, barack pulled him aside and asked him to ghostwrite his nobel lecture.
     he said that the fate of all peace was in his paws. 

     lou responded, "I work at the pleasure of the president, no problem home-sliggity-slice. Did I mention that i'm pseudo-ambro bro? my boy erasmus call me 'ambrosiaster the lecture-master'. Peace is in the bag."





Music!


*first of all, lou hates the band cat-power. that's his power, he's the one with the power. all of it, none of it is for them, and he hates them.


     lou is a great lover of music. he told me that he wanted to share his pretentious taste with the dear readers, and went over to pull some vinyl out of the box for me.
     he chewed up the corners of the album covers because he is too powerful and is an anarchist and distains material possessions. He told me to tell you all to liquidate the kulaks as a class, by the way.




     I am going to point out some possible bias here in this list, because I think he's just plugging albums that he either recorded or produced. He says that he can't help it, because he's just really good. he's got 'it' you know?


     my self esteem is threatened by my larger that life kitty roomate. the wall space I had set aside for my finger paintings, hand turkeys, and macaroni cats, is increasingly overshadowed by lou's gold record plaques, various honorary doctorates, and mars-lander-related certificates.


     he says he has perfect pitch too. I told him that that was bupkis. he looked at me.
     "meow." he curled back up on the green and white afghan he was shedding on. "G#."
     I sang "looooou!... is a cat."
     "almost an F, but a quarter-tone flat."
     "oh yeah? well how about this you meddlesome varmint? 'you - are - a - ki-i-ty - cat!'"
     "C major seventh chord arpeggio, augmented fifth. flat again."

     "touche... touche, astronamicat."






     Here are 10 albums lou recommends!:


10) Some Girls - The Rolling Stones >







9) Abbey Road - The Beatles >



"here comes the lou, do-do-do-do"




8) The Velvet Underground & Nico >





"getting better at this photoshop business, eh lou?"
"not bad, you know... for a person."




7) Goodbye and Hello - Tim Buckley >









6) Journey in Satchidananda - Alice Coltrane >



     swami satchidanda, aka the illustrious panama-pat
     (on track 4, lou has a bangin' jazz-timbral solo)




5) Young, Gifted and Black - Aretha Franklin >









4) Replicas - Gary Newman and Tubeway Army >



     "lou you were in tubeway army? what did you do?"
     "I threw shapes over the robodrogynous electo beat."


     "oh."




3) Trans-Europe Express - Kraftwerk >





lou is a pure blood... i mean pure-bred, show-quality stud ragdoll cat / german electro-pop innovator.




2) Talking Heads: 77 >




(lou's in there, it's like a magic eye thing. 
 you have to look through the album cover.)


     and finally, number one...


.
.
.






1)  Good Enough for a Poke - EP  >

     The Stylish Mustaches




  





     lou the cat says that I owe him a stinky all-natural cat-treat for this shameless plug.
     especially because he was uncredited for the synth sample on the track 'Napoleon Invades Russia (1975)'.


     he says the sample is clearly from the funky synth breakdown on his 1983 detroit techno 12"-single:


'space-cat at the edge of cat-space (acid-dub mix)


(I prefer the the b-side 'a cat in chaos, searching for panic, feat. afrika baambaata and the soulsonic force')


     he says he's suing the styling mustaches for copyright infringement.


     "hey punk, you can't copyright no beat cat. yo lou, is you crazy, cat? what about the spirit of open-source altruism, mr. meowtallica?"
     "metallica? where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? did steve tell you that? . . . yes, I was in metallica."


     "I thought you were a radical anarchist cat, not a record company suit..."
     "it's personal... i just hate that dj voldemort."




     oh and brad garoon made fun of my photoshopping, 
so here are unflattering pictures of him as famous snorkelin' matt schiff, and then as famous patoots schiff, displaying her famous praying-mantis kung-fu pose.










"bushido."

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Lou Schiff. I even showed your blog off to my friend Josh here. You officially have an international audience. Congratulations.

    How about you include me in one of these posts. I'll even consent to you portraying me in an unflattering photoshop picture, as long as it is not me in a scuba suit.

    Send my regards to Lou the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that Logic book that lou the cat is sitting on (LPL!!!). How're the online deductions coming? I actually really enjoyed doing those proofs.

    ReplyDelete