Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a gift from japan via china & lou in the big city

dear thedearreaders,


     first and formost, i'd like to apologize for apparently sending out a universal signal for new post by mistake. the ways of facebook are complicated and shrowded with mystery. lou does not want to be the cat who cried wolf. to show our sincerity,
I offer you a gift.




No, better!


  








     a super awesome super rare louthecat exclusive release of a cd that i bought(!) on ebay from china-japan,

Rabid Chords 002: VU Tribute



     it's an avante-rock japanese-american tribute to the velvet underground, lou's favorate band erer.
featuring:

Of Montreal, Jim O'Rourke, The Olivia Tremor Control, The Music Tapes, John McEntire, The Ladybug Transistor,

and a whole host of j-rock/pop bands with funny names like:
 

ズボンズ (the ZOOBOMBS),


Luminous Orange,


SmileKick,


Ahh! Folly Jet,








      and my personal favorate:
Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her


     this is a rip of one of only 200 copys ever pressed, of a real live cd, that i bought with money (whoa... 2002 called, they want their form of media distribution back!), from japan, bought on ebay, from china, shipped on a ship, to madison, to my computer, to mp3 (320 kbps), to chicago, to me.com/loutheperson, to .zip, to a link, straight to the dear readers!

     Not that i have any qualms about sharing music, but even if you're still 'sucking hind-tit'(-patsy schiff), to the old, wack, and terminally obsolete big-media, who:


"steal bread from the bleeding mouths of the retched proletariat" (-patsy schiff, internet pirate and cryptopunk),


it's cool though! because I really think this is the only copy of this album anywhere on all the internets, and all of not in japan-china. 



(do)


     while it dl's... the story of how lou and lou bought a cd:

     lou downloaded a discography of the olivia tremor control,
and there was their track from this very album,

     "yo lou, european son. is that a velvet's cover?"
and lou was like:
     "i dont know, press play. i don't have thumbs, you do the track padding."

    I played it and it was super-duper sweet.
    I began scouring the universe for a bitorrent,
but at the end of the universe, (it's finite but unbounded), at the seedy underbelly of the internet itself, I only found one broken rapidshare.

     after five weeks of checking ebay I found it, and bought it for money[!] from a chinese fellow on ebay named


and then i got it and it was sweet.
     the end.


     Lou recommends the tracks:
'european son' by the olivia tremor control,
'the black angel's death song' by SmileKick,
and a pleasant upbeat smily j-poppy:
'Heroin' by Chicago Bass.


where is lou? in the city with big shoulders and the winds.


     Lou is downtown at Matt's in lovely river north, chicago, il, and he is a happy kitty in the big city.
     Also, matt is totally a cat lady now. They slept together last night and matt leaves the door open because he wants lou to leave me and go and sleep with him,
and i told him that, but he's all like:
     "no, you know...  here have some costco rolls and an assortment of cheese."

     Kitty is asleep on my feet right now which are also asleep, because I've been blogging so hard all the blood in my body is in my fingers and brain. and lou is heavy. take care good fellows.

Best,
loutheperson,
louthecat.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I think you're right - you ARE the only one sharing this on the internet. Thank you, this will make my valentine's mix all the more sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! I just would like to offer you a big thumbs up for the great info
    you have right here on this post. I am coming back to
    your website for more soon.

    Check out my web blog :: anniversary gifts for her (http://www.3gphoneservice.at)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the link just brings me to my icloud. Maybe it's too old??? I'd love to hear this album, I've only heard a handful of tracks off it, and can't wait to hear the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete